Wednesday, May 21, 2014

May 14, 2014

TRANSFERS!!!!

Ciao cari miei,

To start off i just want to say how great it was to see you guys for "il Giorno delle Madre" :) It was so nice to be able to talk to all of you guys! To Mom, Grandma, Granna, and all of my Aunts i hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day!! 

Well, we got our transfer calls yesterday and i am going to...... STAY IN LUGANO!!!!!!!!!! :):):):):):) I am soo excited to stay here another transfer it is going to be so great! I am going to be District Leader and my new companion will be Anziano Salvatori! He is from Pescara (east of Rome) and I have already seen and talked to him a couple times, he is such a cool guy! I am SUPER excited to serve with him! My recent companion, Anziano Oz is getting transfered to Torino, which is where i have always wanted to serve since i got into the mission so i am very excited for him! It's really a bummer though because he and I have really had a GREAT time together and i have learned a lot from him. He is a great missionary to say the least. The ward here is really going to miss him as well, but im sure they are going to welcome in Anziano Salvatori with arms wide open :)

The work here in Lugano has been about the same for the past couple weeks. The people here seem very closed to the topic of religion but I am positive that there are people out there who Heavenly Father is preparing and helping to have a change of heart and meet with us missionaries :) 

So mom you asked me to give a little spiritual thought for the Sunny Mesa Ward so i'll share something that i have come to learn here on the mission:

I really love the Scripture Either 12:27 which says, "And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them". 

A lot of times we are quick to point out the pridefulness in others and, in doing so, we tend to oversee the lack of humility in ourselves. I have been very blessed here on the mission because I have been given the opportunity to serve with and meet many humble missionaries. I really look up to each one of them because they have learned to utilize the teachings of Either 12:27 in their life and have made weak things become evidently strong unto them enough for others to see and admire. My invite to all of you back at home base is to apply this scripture to you, have faith, and act in a way that will turn your weaknesses into your "forte".

Ciao Tutti, vi voglio benone! Statemi bene!

 

Anziano Delgado

 

No comments:

Post a Comment