Tuesday, January 28, 2014

July 17, 2013


Ciao! Come State? This week has been great!  Well, not going to lie, im starting to get to the point where i just want to get into the field and use what i know! It is crazy to think that I've already been gone for over 5 weeks. it feels like i just got here! Days as extremely long but the weeks go by so fast its kinda ridiculous. But everything is still going great! The spirit just gets better and better as new missionaries come in every wednesday! The language is coming along sooooo well! last night i bore my testimony to my District and i have no idea how i did it but the words just came out and it truly was an amazing experience. Oh and thank you sooo much Cassidy and Mitch for the wonderful letter and also thank you Granna and Bompa I love hearing from all of you! It's kind of going to be a bitter sweet when i go to italy but can't get dear elders any more. it's ok though i think i get more time on e mail to read all of your emails and write back :)   
          Well, i'm glad to hear you are all doing well back at home! I'm pretty jealous that you are in Hawaii. and it's not like what i'm doing is a vacation haha it's going to be the hardest thing i've ever done!! But im sure it will be the best and i know im going to love it. I can't wait im so stoked! I got my travel info by the way! I leave next tuesday morning at 7 30 and my flight leaves to chicago at 11 15. ill arive there at 3 15 then leave to london england and arrive there around 6 50 am. then i leave london to go to milan and i get there around 12 05 pm... i hope i get a lot of sleep on the planes otherwise im in for a looooong first day in the field hahah. I think im supposed to place a BoM my first day there before i can even go to my apartment so wish me luck lol! none of us have gotten our visa's yet but on the travel paper it says we recieve all of that stuff when we go to meet our driver who will give us our flight ticket and take us to the airport. so that's that! I went to the MTC suit alteration people and by the way the white lines where still marked in the coat... so AGAIN they did absolutely nothing to the coat. the only reason the lady's at the mtc said they would fix it was becasue they felt so bad for me after i told them the whole story about how this is the second time it has happened haha. so one lady said she would personally take it to the mens warehouse here in utah and have them make adjustemnts and then she would bring it back. she was AWESOME.
          So i didn't think i would but i miss little Buddy Dumb! you should put him in a box and ship him to me in italy! i was looking in my unpacked suitcase this morning and i saw the picture album that mom had prepared for me. i totally forgot it was in there! my roommates all liked the pictures and that's when i saw the one of dallin and buddy. i can't believe how good of a little retriever he is! it's really funny actually ha. So i've noticed while here at the mtc that things that normally i would think are sooo dumb i am now doing them because they are "fun". It's weird how not having electronics or anything like that makes you find something to do. I am really going to miss all of my teachers here, they are all so amazing and we have such great inside jokes with each one. i think i've had like 6 or 7? My favorite one is sister urban. she served in rome 2 years ago. she was actually born in italy so she was already fluent when she got her mission call. She is sooo strong in this gospel and her testimony is amazing. I'm really going to miss my district and all of the people i have become friends with here at the mtc. It would be cool to be companions with one of them in the field tho! i guess the odds of it happening aren't that bad! I think the biggest thing im going to miss about the mtc tho are the AMAZING devotionals on tuesdays.  Yesterdays devotional was given by elder Hinckley who used to be a member of the 70. he gave a very inspirational talk about how the only lasting pain in life is the pain of regret. He said that even though bringing up this Gospel to random people in the street or wherever  may create awkward situations, would you rather bring it up and get turned down or maybe even meet the one person that day or even that week that would accept your message, or never knowing what could have come out of just simply baring a testimony of what you know to be true. D&C 18:15 we read, "... labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!". I know that this Gospel is true and i am so grateful for this wonderful opportunity to serve my Savior and Redeemer, even Jesus Christ.
          Sorry this email is pretty short but im sure ill make up for it next time since the next time i email you i'll be in ITALY!!!  I love you all so much! have fun in Hawaii and be safe!

 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                -Anziano Delgado

No comments:

Post a Comment