Tuesday, January 28, 2014

July 3, 2013


Ciao famiglia, come va?! This week has been great! I love getting the dear elders from all of you they seriously make my day! i'm so glad to here that missy did well with talk, i knew she would she has always giving really amazing talks. Great job sis :) That is so funny i wish i could hear colton talk! i guess i did talk to him a little over the phne before he got back but i'm sure it is a lot different in person. Is he really fluent in Japanese or does he say there is still a lot more that he could learn? I see so manypeople here at the mtc that are going to japan and they all say it is so difficult to learn the language. i dont doubt it at all ha. yes i think i remember pres. gunnel he lives next to the shockey's old house right? thats funny that everyone wants to come pick me up from italy. for some reason i feel like they dont want to come just for me...... hahah jk :) I don't think i'll be able to be set apart in italy at the end of my mission so i hope i'm not a burden when you all come to get me and go site seeing and do all that fun stuff that i wont be able to :/ it's going to be so cool though i can't wait till i speak fluent italian! I met an elder the other day who is from Rome and is going to France and he speaks English Italian and spanish and is fluent in all languages! He spoke so fast in italian,it sounded soooo cool to hear him talk. i hope i'll be that good by the end of my mission!

I've decided that when i have a family i am only going to speak to my kids in italian. make 'em geniouses by knowing 2 languages lol! Dallin that is awesome that you taught dad the maradona! im not sure i know the croif or ronaldo but they sound cool! I play soccer at least 2 times a week. last friday we did Milano vs. Roma and Milano won 6-4!! I also love playing sand volleyball, even though im pretty bad at it. Dallin you are so lucky dad got you an electric guitar! when i get back you better know a couple songs so that we can jam together. Do you like piano or guitar better? and are you going to take guitar lessons or is dad just teaching you for fun? Either way im really jealous you got a guitar, i wish i had one when i was your age!

So i got the care-package full of my suit and goodies! thank you soooo much for the popcorn by the way! you know me to well mom haha. Oh by the way i tried on the navy blue suit and the arms are extremely baggy... i knew it didnt fit when we first got it but i thought they were going to take it in a little bit? I should have just told you when we were there that it didn't fit. sorry! but the black pants and the navy blue pants both fit so thats good i guess. Mom i'm sorry you were feeling sick, i hope you are feeling better now! you guys are always in my prayers. thanks for matt's and logan's info! Oh by the way mom PLEASE PUT MY MAILING INFO AND EVERYTHING ON FACEBOOK. I totally forgot to do that before i left. Please have melissa help you so she can add a teenagers tough to it :) Thank youuuu! 

Well it has been so amazing here at the mtc. The language is really coming along, the food is pretty good and my roommates are my best friends, they are all so fun and amazing in the Gospel. No crazy stories this week, just a lot of funny inside jokes i guess ha. One of the Elders in my District got athletes foot and spread it to his roommate. So his roommate who got it BAD walked barefoot into our room and we were just like, "......Uhhhhhh are you serious???". so after he left my roommate Elder Alder put A+D buttcream ointment on his foot thinking it was Athletes foot cream. I don't know if i have ever laughed so hard in my life it was hilarious hahaa. It really is so fun here i love it so much. The people are so nice and the spirit is so strong. its crazy to think im more than half way to 6 weeks! i feel like there is still so much more i need to learn before i get sent out! But the holy ghost realy does help with the language in the lessons that we teach here, it is really a miracle to say things that i might have studied the week before but it randomly pops up in my head, it is so cool. My teachers are all so amazing and they keep us on track when we start to get off topic or are worn out from studying all day. (Oh yea we have language study for 6+ hours a day here if i haven't already mentioned that). I love you guys so much and i miss you all! say your prayers for me and the missionaries and know that i'm always praying for you :) Love ya!

Here are some words for you dallin. It's the first vision in italian.

Vidi Essatamente sopra la mia testa una calonna di luce piu brilliante del sole, che discese gradualmente fino a che cadde su di me. Quando la luce stette su di me io vidi due personaggi il cui splendore e la qui gloria sfidano ogni descrizzione, ritti sopra di me nell'aria. Uno di essi mi parlo, chiomandomi per nome e disse, indicando l'altro; Questo e il mio figlio diletto. Ascoltalo!

I memorized that and a few of the articles of faith the first 2 weeks i was here and they really help in the lessons :) Well i gotta go my time on email is pretty much up :/ Love ya! Ciao!                                              
                                                                                                                                                                                                                      -Anziano Delgado


No comments:

Post a Comment