Tuesday, January 28, 2014

June 19, 2013


Hey Fam! Sorry it has taken me forever to write back! my P-day are on wednesdays so i had to wait an entire week before i could log on to my email :(. Dallin thank you so much for the letter that you sent me it made me so happy when i saw that it was from you! I miss you tons and i think of you every day. I am doing so much better with the language! the first couple days were pretty rough because our teacher only speaks in Italian! but as time went on i got so much better! I can literally almost every sentence my teacher says in italian.... of course speaking it is a whole nother story though lol. i can actually speak pretty well though considering it has only been a week. i can bare my testimony, say my prayers and i have taught 4 lessons in italian! learning the language here in the mtc is crazy, i couldn't imagin learning this much in even one full year anywhere else. it is truly amzazing what the spirit can do. well guess what, I have been called to be District Leader! either my branch president really liked my testimony last week or he somehow knew how lazy i can be and that's why he chose me lol. either way i am so blessed and grateful to have this calling, it can be pretty difficult especially with all the meetings i have to attend on sunday but it's so good for leadership training and im glad i have this opportunity. my companion, Elder Espinosa, is so awesome. His personality is very similar to mine so we get along so well! he is from North California and was a runner in highschool so we run all the time. My disrict, district 33A, is so awesome there are 10 of us. I couldn't have asked for a better group of elders and sisters. we have so much fun and we are sonstantly laughing at eachother. I wouldn't be surprised if i had an 8-pack by the end of these 6 weeks! one of my roommates, elder young, has a chinese backgroung so he looks asain but he was born and raised here in the us and only speaks english, has to be the funniest person i know! even funnier than spencer and troy! His laugh could make anyone bust up laughing i wish you could hear it hahaha. Unfortunately he falls asleep within 5 minutes of laying in bed and he snores..... LOUD!! but anyways, the spirit here is so wonderful and strong, it is everywhere and i can feel it coming from everyone. Yesterday Elder Espinosa got food poisoning from the food in the cafeteria and so i gave him a blessing and immediately afterward he was 100% A-OK. it was so cool! Today i had the opportunity to do a session in the temple with my District. the Provo temple is soooo beautiful inside. It was awesome the room that we watched the movie in was the same room that had the veil. kinda weird but so convenient. it was such a good experience and no i didnt get lost this time..... hahahahha. well i hope you are all doing good back at home! send me letters more often i love to get them even though i cant respond till wednesday. you guys are always in my prayers! Love you tons!        -Anziano Delgado

No comments:

Post a Comment